Re: Some date checking code.

2003-05-13 22:01:50
Dallman Ross wrote:
On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 05:12:09PM -0600, Daryle A. Tilroe wrote:
Whoops these should probably also be anchored to
the end of the line as well:

* !^Date.*+1300$
* !^Date.*[+-](1[12]|0?[0-9])[03]0$

You'll miss some if you do.

Since I filtering on the negation anything with stuff after
the timezone offset would actually have been a false positive;
anyhow, good point.  So change the "$" to a "[ |$]" and that
should cover it.  All except:

Date: Thu,  8 May 2003 14:02:40 --0400

What's with the "--"?  Is that even legit?  Is that the
same as "+0400" :-).  Actually, come to think of it, I
believe I am fine the above since the first "-" will just
get absorbed in the ".*"

And:

Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 09:04:20 GMT
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 8:33:47 PDT

Are these RFC legit?  I would think that an English abbreviation
instead of a numeric UTC (which, incidentally, is what GMT is now
known as) offset may not be but I am not sure.  I suppose I could
just throw them in a big OR with the valid numeric offset but
I not sure I would trust email with a text only offset.

--
Daryle A. Tilroe