sending alerts to pager with procmailrc

2003-06-09 08:41:07
Hi,
I have a Big Brother monitoring system on Windows 2000, which sends
e-mail alerts. I also have a pager gateway who has to receive the mail
messages in the format of a text file attachment (within pager no. & the
message I wish to send to pager). I wrote a Perl script, running on my
SMTP server, which sends the mail with attachment I was talking of. Now
all I have left is to configure the procmailrc file. My demand from it:
*       I want the procmailrc file to make classification job, & pipe it
with my Perl script & pick the right file for the attachment out of the
pull of many files.
*       I have about 20 servers monitoring a couple of servers. I want
to get pager alerts only on Windows 2000 services problems & http not
available.
*       I don't want to get pager alert every 5 minutes, as in e-mail.
After the first notification, it should wait an hour until the next
alert.

        Please help.

 Ronen Kfir
System Administrator
T.A.U Computing Division
Tel: 972-3-6407416
Fax: 972-3-6405158
cellular: 972-55-405910
E-mail: ronenk(_at_)tauex(_dot_)tau(_dot_)ac(_dot_)il