Re: problem with receipt

2003-07-03 11:12:27
creelan:  Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 10:46:39 -0700
creelan:  From: Tyler Creelan <creelan(_at_)engr(_dot_)orst(_dot_)edu>
creelan:  To: procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
creelan:  Subject: Re: problem with receipt
creelan:
creelan:  Birl wrote:
creelan:
creelan:  > I have an email alias,
yahoo(_at_)concept(_dot_)temple(_dot_)edu(_dot_)  I added this receipe,
creelan:  > now commented out, which spiked my CPU to 100%.
creelan:
creelan:  Might be useful to check your logfile and see where procmail is
creelan:  spinning.

I did before sending this out.  I was bored and was 'tail -f'ing it for
about 2 hours.  Nothing was appeneding.

creelan:  > :0 H
creelan:  > * ^(_dot_)*yahoo\(_at_)concept\(_dot_)
creelan:
creelan:  That regex doesn't quite make sense, why stipulate the start of a
line then
creelan:  take the kleene closure of anything? Also the @ shouldn't be escaped.
This
creelan:  might work instead, though it might be better to narrow your
condition down
creelan:  to a specific header like To. "procmail is not an MTA" caveats
creelan:  apply of course, consult any procmail FAQ for details. :)
creelan:
creelan:  :0
creelan:  * yahoo(_at_)concept\(_dot_)

Yeah, I debated on that.  I think I originally had what you wrote above,
but it didnt sit well with me.  I wasnt 100% sure if I needed the ^.* or
if I needed to escape the @

creelan:  >         VERBOSE=OFF
creelan:
creelan:  If this section is suspicious it might make more sense to enable the
VERBOSE
creelan:  setting than explicitly disable it.

The whole section was suspicious.  I knew it was only that receipe since
it was the latest I've added in about 7 days.

creelan:  >     [snip other receipes that have been tested and work correctly]
creelan:  >
creelan:  >         #:0:
creelan:  >         #* ^From: \/+ Moderator
creelan:  >         #$MATCH
creelan:
creelan:  Is this normally commented out?

Nope.  I just cut and pasted it from my rc file.  Didnt want to uncomment
it in the email so that one could locate easier.

creelan:  >         :0:
creelan:  >         * ^Mailing-List: list \/[^(_at_)]+
creelan:  >         $MATCH
creelan:
creelan:  looks okay...
creelan:
creelan:  g'luck!
creelan:
creelan:  -TFC

Ruud says the + shouldnt be there, which is correct.  I removed the + (and
the #'s) and found no problems.

Thanks for the advice.