Re: problem with receipt

2003-07-03 15:05:30
At 14:04 2003-07-03 -0400, Birl did say:

I did before sending this out.  I was bored and was 'tail -f'ing it for
about 2 hours.  Nothing was appeneding.

I'm sure that you've run in within a controlled sandbox configuration, which beats the heck out of trying to test a recipe or and diagnose a problem in your live mailstream. It also allows you to trim the recipe down to a barebones implementation which reproduces the problem, and avoids a lot of extraneous crap in the (VERBOSE) logfile which doesn't pertain to the recipe at hand.

creelan:  >     [snip other receipes that have been tested and work correctly]
creelan:  >
creelan:  >         #:0:
creelan:  >         #* ^From: \/+ Moderator
creelan:  >         #$MATCH
creelan:
creelan:  Is this normally commented out?

Nope.  I just cut and pasted it from my rc file.  Didnt want to uncomment
it in the email so that one could locate easier.

Well, uh, that doesn't make for a particularly easy diagnostic session for the rest of us -- the more thing you change about the recipe from the configuration which has a problem to the configuration you actually post, the more likely something is to be tweaked accidentally, changing the meaning of things. Or in this case, giving people the impression that the commented out block ISN'T of interest BECAUSE it is commented out.

As I believe someone has already pointed out, that regexp is bad. Also, perhaps not yet pointed out to you, but the match is everything from the beginning of the from line (after that first explicit space), out to the end of the word "Moderator". One would hope that you're

The following might net you something more resembling what you're looking for. The first condition line defines the expectation that the word Moderator is in the line, but the MATCH line takes just the first token terminated by a space.

:0: