Re: Nevermind (was compiling without a terminal)

2003-08-10 10:46:15
Sean wrote,

IMO, for a one-off command, I'd just as soon take a short term hit and be
done with it.

In my opinion, I'd rather not piss the admins off by asking them how they prefer I do something when I already know that their answer will be, "don't do it at all."

I'd said ...

... it's a pain

to which Sean suggested,

( echo "To: my_own address" ; echo "Subject: find manpage" ; man find ) | \
        $SENDMAIL my_own_address

To do that -- and to add and later to remove a .procmailrc recipe that executes the body and directs stdout -- is my idea of a pain. QED.

Then again, -perm -001 would remove the need for any ls functions.

I suggested -perm in a previous post.

Then I missed that. Sorry. I faintly recall your giving an example with a lot of arguments (that's our Sean), which I just couldn't absorb in full. That might have been where you suggested -perm.