Re: Nevermind (was compiling without a terminal)

2003-08-10 14:03:42
Dallman wrote,

Perms: well, if you and the executable are in the same group,
then group perms will be what hold, not "other."

There's no chance of that, Fifth Estate, but what the hey. I'll look into it.

OK: /usr/ccs/bin/make and /usr/xpg4/bin/make are bin:bin, and /usr/local/bin/make (which I don't remember seeing in yesterday's echo output) is root:other. My only group there is "member" (if I were paying for dial-up PPP there my group on the shell server would be "dynip" instead of "member" but I don't know how that would affect the mailhub). In either case, the group permissions on the make binaries are inapplicable to me.