Re: Nevermind (was compiling without a terminal)

2003-08-10 12:53:12
Dallman Ross wrote:

 gfind / -name make -type f -maxdepth 3 -perm -50 2>/dev/null |
 xargs -ls -ld

(Should be xargs ls -ld, yes?)

Aargh. -maxdepth; that would have solved the problem. Thank you. Forgot about that one. But -perm -50? Wouldn't I be more interesting in -perm -1? Why would I care about group permissions or write privileges? (And why -d on ls if we've already done -type f?)

You could also exclude with prune the path you already inherit,
since you established that make isn't there.

Of course, that requires a prior trigger message to tell me the value of $PATH when procmail is running on the mail server.