Re: Nevermind (was compiling without a terminal)

2003-08-09 12:54:54
Scott suggested,

Be nice about it:

    nice -n 19 find / -name make -print 2>/dev/null | xargs ls -l

That would spread the load over more time; for all I know that will annoy them more because the process, while lighter, lives longer.

But I did it another way:

echo /*/make /*/*/make /*/*/*/make

and found two binaries.

Then, wouldn't you know, it turns out that the new shell login machine's OS is compatible with that on the mail server. I could just have compiled it on the new shell server in the first place.

Thanks for the hand-holding, folks.  It's working now.