Re: Nevermind (was compiling without a terminal)

2003-08-10 12:53:12
On Sunday, 10 August 2003, at 12:24, Dallman Ross wrote:
KrispyKream is wrong to say that the -ls option to find is more
efficient; it is not.  Options to find are executed once per
each file found.  Otoh, a pipe to xargs runs the ls command one
time only, on all arguments found.  More efficient, by orders
of magnitude!

| xargs opens a whole other pipe. -ls does not. One process vs. multiple processes. I was taught that one process is better.

Using -ls does appear to be FASTER and doesn't care about spaces in the path.

--
Why live in the world when you can live in your head?