Re: Nevermind (was compiling without a terminal)

2003-08-10 07:04:16
LuKreme (List User Kreme) wrote:

On Saturday, 09 August 2003, at 12:36, David W. Tamkin wrote:

find / -name make -print 2>/dev/null | xargs ls -l

Little nit, this is better:

nice -20 find / -name make -print 2>/dev/null -ls

1. Nicing it spreads the same load over a longer duration; whether that's better depends on the sysadmin's opinion.

2. Since I can't log into that machine, it's a pain (constant tweaking of procmail recipes and reissuing of trigger messages) to find out whether its find supports "-ls" -- which, by the way, I've never heard of before.

3. I need to find out whether files named "make" are world executable, so unless -ls tells as much ls -l, we need to add "-perm -001" to find's arguments.

Then again, -perm -001 would remove the need for any ls functions.