Catching bounces/delivery errors

2003-08-26 07:12:19
Hello:
Does anybody have a recipe for catching delivery errors? My organization sends bulk e-mail to our list subscribers (not spam!) and sometimes some messages bounce for different reasons. I need to mechanically sort them, parse them and extract the failed addresses, but that's another war. What I need is to write a procmail recipe that will catch anything coming from postmasters or mailer-daemons that is in fact a failed delivery. I contemplated using the FROM_MAILER/FROM_DAEMON macros but one includes stuff from mailing lists and the other one includes automatic responses and vacation/out of office replies.

I'm sure I can build from these but if someone already has one ready, better! :)

        TIA
        dZ.

--
DZ: Hating anything, everything and everyone since 1994.