Re: Catching bounces/delivery errors

2003-08-27 12:00:55
On Tuesday, August 26, 2003, at 7:55 AM, DZ-Jay wrote:
Does anybody have a recipe for catching delivery errors? My organization sends bulk e-mail to our list subscribers (not spam!) and sometimes some messages bounce for different reasons. I need to mechanically sort them, parse them and extract the failed addresses, but that's another war. What I need is to write a procmail recipe that will catch anything coming from postmasters or mailer-daemons that is in fact a failed delivery. I contemplated using the FROM_MAILER/FROM_DAEMON macros but one includes stuff from mailing lists and the other one includes automatic responses and vacation/out of office replies.

Instead of pounding nails with your all-purpose procmail screwdriver, use mailman to manage your mailings. It will handle all the ounce processing on its own, freeing your time for other things.

--
...when you're no longer searching for beauty or love, just some kind of life with the edges taken off. When you can't even define what it is that you're frightened of; this song will be here.