Re: Catching bounces/delivery errors

2003-08-27 12:23:17

Oh, I know this already, but at the moment these messages are being processed *MANUALLY* by some monkey here at the office (don't ask me!

Any guilt over possibly putting this poor person out of work? So much for making friends at the new job! ;)

My organization already sends personalized messages, one at a time per recipient, but they all use the same return path, which as I mentioned above, might be ignored by a lot of servers.

I would be interested in seeing what solution you decide on.

I do something similar for our list of 9500 subscribers but I am just matching on ^TO_. The mailing has Reply-To set to another email address so I pretty much only see bonces and auto-replies responding to the From/return-path address. I treat auto-replies as a bounce though. Last week there were only 3 auto-responses-- this doesn't seem like a big enough problem to deal with. My bounce handler will yank them off the list after 3 bounces so they can stay on vacation for a while without problems.

I am gearing up to tackle a 50,000 address list. I would love to use one of the list management packages but so far I have found problems with them all...

culley