Re: IBM, fix thy mail server?

2003-08-27 12:19:56
On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Marhaus wrote:

Okay, I keep getting this bounce for:

vm-av.pok.relay.ibm.com:cowboy(_at_)badlands(_dot_)svl(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com

when I post to the procmail list. Why are these bounces being sent to me
instead of SmartList?

Hmm.. I'm still getting these "cowboy(_at_)ibm(_dot_)com" bounces, even when
my
posts include a Reply-To header directing them back to the procmail
list.

Guess I'll have to break down and add "mailer-daemon(_at_)ibm(_dot_)com" to
the old
kill file...

Sigh...  that means the DNS lifetime doesn't match the DHCP lease and
they're dropping the DNS entry, causing a perm error :( Reply-To
probably doesn't work at this level - this is at the envelope level.

I've argued to get this fixed, but I see little hope.  I've also
reported bad rewrites to the appropriate folk and not heard anything
back...

All this gets fixed Monday when I'm no longer on the road and get the
desktop box repaired, in the meantime I'll unsub - I'd gotten most of
the mailing lists already... sorry about missing this one - I didn't see
the start of this thread

--
Rick Nelson
I can saw a woman in two, but you won't want to look in the box when I do