Creating new mboxes and IMAP

2003-09-28 11:16:33
My list sorting recipe creates new monthly (or daily, or yearly) mailboxes. <1>

:0
* ! LIST2 ?? ^^^^
{
  :0:
  $MLDIR/$LIST2/$MYDATE.$LIST2

  # if the action failed, probably the directory does not
  # exist, so create it
  :0eW
  {
    LOG="FAILED WRITE$NL"
    MAKENEWDIR=`test -d $MLDIR/$LIST2 || mkdir -p $MLDIR/$LIST2/`
  }

  # Now save the message again
  :0a:
  $MLDIR/$LIST2/$MONTHFOLDER.$LIST2

  # If we get this far, something is quite wrong.
  # Still failed?  Better save the message somewhere we can check it
  :0:
  {
    LOG="FAILED WRITE NEW DIRECTORY$NL"
    :0
    $MLDIR/FAILED_LIST_SORT

This works perfectly, btw, and I've never had a message hit the FAILED_LIST_SORT mailbox. The trouble is, these new folders show up as unsubscribed, which means that everyday I have to refresh the list of mailboxes and manually subscribe them.

Is there anyway to create a mailbox in such a way that it is marked as subscribed? Is there some shell level command I can run inside the procmail recipe that would do this? I looked at the files themselves and I don't see anything obvious, which makes me think it is the imap server that is keeping the info somewhere outside the mail directory.

I am using uw-imap

<1> Check the list archives if you are curous how this works. a search for "mkdir" will probably be sufficient.

--
The older you get the more you need the people you knew when you were young.