Re: Creating new mboxes and IMAP

2003-09-28 12:05:27
On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, LuKreme wrote:

Is there anyway to create a mailbox in such a way that it is marked as
subscribed?

I am using uw-imap

You might want to ask this question on the c-client mailing list at
washington.edu -- that's the place for discussion of details of their imap
implementation.

The trouble is, these new folders show up as unsubscribed, which means
that everyday I have to refresh the list of mailboxes and manually
subscribe them.

This is a shortcoming of your IMAP client, not of your procmail technique.

Is there some shell level command I can run inside the
procmail recipe that would do this?  I looked at the files themselves
and I don't see anything obvious, which makes me think it is the imap
server that is keeping the info somewhere outside the mail directory.

Most likely it's in the file $HOME/.mailboxlist on the IMAP server host.
It *might* work to do this (only when the folder has been freshly created,
of course):

        TRAP='echo "$LASTFOLDER" >> $HOME/.mailboxlist'

However, uw-imap uses the tilde (~) notation for the home directory, and
$LASTFOLDER will be a full path name, so you might have to do something
a little more complicated to avoid confusing your client.  Look at your
existing file to see what path formats it already contains.