Re: Creating new mboxes and IMAP

2003-09-29 12:41:32
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, David W. Tamkin wrote:

using UW-IMAP where I have an account, my $HOME/.mailboxlist includes
several unsubscribed or even deleted folders.  So I'm not so sure.

Which is why I suggested asking the c-client list ...

However, in the imapd C sources I happen to have lying around, the macro
SUBSCRIPTIONFILE expands to $HOME/.mailboxlist in the unix environment
header file, and that macro is referenced in "smanager.c" with the comment
"open subscription database", so I think it's a pretty safe bet.

The subscription database is intentionally separate from the existence (or
lack thereof) of any folders, so that deleting or renaming a folder and
then creating it again doesn't change its subscription state.  It's up to
the client to make subscriptions track renaming when that's desired.