Re: greylisting

2003-12-02 22:44:05
* Ruud H.G. van Tol <rvtol(_at_)isolution(_dot_)nl> [2003-12-02 14:31]:
As a proof-of-concept, I am developing a greylist-model
with procmail. Here I present the first step, which is
not very practical but you might want to learn from it.

What's the idea behing greylisting?  It looked to me like that script
would trash new messages, and retain the dupes.  How is that useful?

For a second, I thought it was starting to solve a problem I have
where people ignore my mail-followup-to header, and reply to me and
the list, causing me to get two copies.

When I get around to it, I want to write a script that will take both
messages (any order), deliver the list reply to the inbox for that
list, and attach the personal one to a quick explanation on what the
mail-followup-to header means.  I'm just not sure whether that will
piss off a lot of people.