Re: virus recipe for MyDoom

2004-01-27 10:58:44
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:26:21 -0800 (PST)
Bart Schaefer disseminated the following:

This is a first draft of a recipe to block the MyDoom (or SCO.A) virus
The signature I got off the net. Comments, test results or improvement
suggestion requested.

I've gotten four samples of the virus this morning, all of which had the
zipfile UEsD signature but *none* of which matched this signature.

*^aHR0cDovL3ZpbC5uYWkuY29tL3ZpbC9jb250ZW50L3ZfMTAwOTgzLmh0bQ==

I'm coming in late on this thread, so sorry if I'm repeating anything, but
there's aleady an update to YAVR, nkvir, here:

http://agriroot.aua.gr/~nikant/nkvir/

It will catch not only the current MyDoom AKA Novarg, but many others as well.

HTH.

--
JoeHill ++ ICQ # 280779813
Registered Linux user #282046
without character."-- George W. Bush on Wall Street, July 9, 2002

"It was like watching a whore pretend to be dean of Southern Methodist
University's School of Theology."-- Molly Ivins and Lou Dubose, "Bushwhacked"