Re: virus recipe for MyDoom

2004-01-30 12:15:56
On 27 Jan 2004, at 08:37, Dallman Ross wrote:
Why don't users have standard commercial anti-virus programs in place on their workstations?

Most of them do. But of course, by the time a virus is identified and the anti-virus software is updated and people update their anti-virus... well, but then it is too late for many many people.

Possibly many felt quite secure running their Norton and opening the MyDooom file the first couple of days.

Personally, i am ambivalent to some small degree about mydoom. On the one hand it's a trojan and it screws up my bandwidth and is BAD. On the other hand, it infects MS malware to attack SCO, and that's kinda GOOD.

--
Well I've seen the Heart of Darkness/Read the writing on the wall/and the voice out in the desert/Was the voice out in the hall