Re: virus recipe for MyDoom

2004-01-31 13:25:25
On 30 Jan 2004, at 13:45, Professional Software Engineering wrote:
Too late for the people moronic or uninformed enough to:

        * use mail agents known to have frequent security problems
                (the aptly named MS OutBreak comes to mind)

I prefer the name LookOut. But many people do not have a choice of email clients.

        * open and run attachents just for the hell of it.

I can certainly understand how someone might open this particular trojan.

Much safer to just not use a Windows based system. The best anti-virus is Mac OS X or FreeBSD.

--
This above all, to thine own self be true
And it must follow, as the night the day,