Re: will the list admin please firewall 203.197.156.192 - 207

2004-02-03 08:36:40
At 01:30 PM 2.2.2004 -0800, Professional Software Engineering wrote:
At 10:01 2004-02-02 -0600, Jack L. Stone wrote:
There is ZERO evidence that you even tried to send anything from your
swbell broadband account (from which you are posting to this list directly,
rather than through your ISP mailserver) before making your claim (I
presume so that you could seem justified in sending your flame onlist), and
although the source IP from which your email is sent appears on multiple
DNSBLs (!), no such message was received or rejected from you by my server
in the past 24 hours.

I had stopped with this issue with my second reply to others who had
decided answer for you while instead you spent time trying to dig up some
dirt instead of just answering the question yourself. In doing so I must
ask another direct question for the record of these archives.

Instead of a general statement to put me on the defensive and cast a bad
light, who exactly are those DNSBLs you say has one of my IPs listed? If it
is listed, I will turn them over for investigation as to why they are there
since we only run legitimate mail lists -- in fact very pretigious ones.
The Investigator is my own spouse who can find out things very quickly how
my IP got listed and who put it there.
http://www.piunlimited.com/

So, please supply me with those DNSBLs without delay since you have already
identified them. We try to keep our eye on this because we are a bulk
mailer (some ISPs have just simply classified any bulk mailer as spammers
in the past), but maybe we missed some blacklist or so.

Before you sit there and accuse me of riding a high horse, I suggest you
take a look at who is sitting in your saddle.

Now that's silly, Mr. Straw. Nothing in my message implied that I accused
you of anything. I asked a simple question which you have yet to answer
directly. I have several real saddles that I ride well -- English or
Western. Com'on down here to South Texas and I'll loan you a saddle and
horse -- then we'll see who rides in what fashion. Or, since I manage an
ISP out there in California, then maybe you have an extra horse & saddle to
offer me on my next trip?

Indeed this has gone much farther than my intent -- but, perhaps you've
helped if our IP has been wrongly listed along with the bad guys.

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Administrator

Sage American