Re: Real Virus Scanner

2004-02-13 12:27:59
On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Dallman Ross wrote:

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 01:38:30PM -0500, Bob George wrote:

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 12:14:10AM +0100, Dallman Ross wrote:

   :0 wib
   VIRUS=| clamscan -i --disable-summary --stdout  -

This is maddening. Now I can't get it to work with 'w' at all.

I can't test things well with clamscan, as I've indicated.  I
suspect your trouble may be with the i flag.  As I said yesterday,
I am not at all sure we ever wanted it here.  I suspect not.

This same thing went by on another thread (or another branch of this
thread, I forget which).  I believe the conclusion was that you need
the W flag, rather than w, because clamscan returns nonzero on virus
detected, which causes procmail to discard the output.