Re: Real Virus Scanner

2004-02-13 11:48:46
Dallman Ross suggested to Kai Weber,

> :0 wb
> * 9876543210^0  ^Content-Type:.*(attachment|multipart)
> * 9876543210^0  ^Content-.*[.]
>  SC_OUT=| clamscan --disable-summary --infected --stdout -

and Kai responded,

I tried to test your recipe.  I don't understand, why variable SC_OUT is
assigned to nothing:

procmail: Executing "/usr/bin/clamscan,--disable-summary,--infected,--stdout,-"
procmail: Assigning "SC_OUT="

That doesn't mean that the variable is getting a null value. Procmail always puts that into the log if verbose logging is on when it runs a variable capture recipe. If you want to log the value of the variable, put

LOG="SC_OUT is $SC_OUT
"

into your rcfile right after that recipe. If you've already defined a variable (most people who do it call it NL) to hold a newline, then

LOG="SC_OUT is $SC_OUT$NL"

will do the same.