Re: [pro] Re: Real Virus Scanner

2004-02-13 18:22:49
Dallman Ross wrote:
size might be better
What made you decide it might be better?
A comment earlier in the thread about outlook finding virii that weren't really attachments. Not that I use outlook. Or a platform that all these mail worms affect. At least at the moment.

   :0 wb
   * 9876543210^0  ^Content-Type:.*(attachment|multipart)
   * 9876543210^0  ^Content-.*[.]
Certainly more elaborate than what I had: '* multipart'.
And probably wiser than size alone - I got a log message today:

LibClamAV Warning: Unknown encoding type "7 bit"

Question: What does 9876543210^0 mean/do?

Note that I left a line out of my
match-token recursion, which is why you were left with an F
on the end.
Thanks.

You don't need a separate recipe to set HOST.  Just set it
inside your braces.
Thanks again.

You might want to move your extractions of From: and Subject:
up above, for the general case, rather than reserving them
specifically for viruses.
I have duplicate ones for my spamassassin section too...
Will have to think about that, though it seems pointless to extract from every message when I only log spam and virii going to /dev/null. Presumably I can just define those extraction rules as variables and use them wherever.

Adrian