Re: Realtime Blackhole List

2004-02-22 18:31:52
protocol="application/pgp-signature"; boundary="=-PD/NMwoY8pc4jP5e9j5I"

Hello,
  I'd like to register and use the Realtime Blackhole List (RBL) from
www.mail-abuse.org, but I'm not sure if this is something most commonly
configured into Procmail, or Postfix.  ( I use both)
 The answer will help me start searching for configuration how-to's in
the right area.

Do it in Postfix.  There are many "how-to's" lying around the
web on how to do DNS-based blocklist queries for Postfix, Sendmail,
Qmail, Exim, ...

You CAN do these queries within procmail, but if you're intending to
refuse mail based on the listing, better to do it in the mail software.

One thing - my employer has a MAPS subscription, but it doesn't stop
as much spam as some of the other, free, lists do.  The big ones for
us are http://www.spamhaus.org/ and http://www.sorbs.net/

If you want to do the lookups in procmail, check out
http://www.waltdnes.org/ (I think that's the correct url)

Cheers,

Dave Stone