Re: Realtime Blackhole List

2004-02-27 16:27:01
On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:49:37 -0800, PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org
(Professional Software Engineering) wrote:

At 09:30 2004-02-26 -0800, multimedia-fan(_at_)myrealbox(_dot_)com wrote:

Of course the best way is to block it at the SMTP level, but if you're
like me stuck with a pre-compiled, pre-configured sendmail installation,

Surely you mean "stuck with a config someone ELSE manages" ?  Those are the
only people I'm aware of that are truely _stuck_ with
pre-compiled/configured setups - everyone else has the option of making
changes.  Now, whether they're willing to do so is a different matter.

Configs based on "packages" (such as RedHat) are particularly problematic,
because users realize that once they start making changes, the whole
package system destablizes.

I mean that I am locked out of  managing sendmail.

RBL-Blocked='/$HOM$/RBL-Blocked'

Your left index finger was mis-indexed: you hit SHIFT-4 instead of SHIFT-E

RBL-Blocked='/$HOME/RBL-Blocked'

(just to head off any inquiry about the syntax you presented)

Sorry, that was an obvious mistake.

Thank you for correcting it.