Re: Whitelist entry for yahoo address letting through yahoo spam..

2004-06-26 23:36:52
Paul originally wrote,

| > >First off, the "H" flag is redundant.  The header is checked by
default.

And I specified,

| > `H' without `B' is redundant (and sometimes destructive because of a
| > bug, but that's another story).  The header without the body is what's
| > checked by default.  `H' is not redundant when it's part of `HB'.

He followed up,

| Yes, well, you're quoting out of context.  :-)  The original recipe
| started with:
|
|     :0 H
|
| which, as we both say, is redundant.

Don't look at me for that one.  When you stated that "the `H' flag is
redundant" without qualification, that's when it got divorced from its
original context.  If you'd said, "the `H' flag is redundant there," that
would have been something else.

| My actual recipe is more like:
|
|   :0 fhw
|   * ? test -s $HOME/.whitelist
|   * ? formail -rxTo: | grep -qisFf $HOME/.whitelist
|   | formail -A "X-whitelist: yes"

Oh!  There the flags make sense.  Thanks for clearing that part up.  And of
course, with no `B' among them, procmail feeds only the head to formail in
the second condition (or for that matter, to test).