Re: Whitelist entry for yahoo address letting through yahoo spam..

2004-06-27 06:35:05
Paul followed up,

| Since I was responding to Jim's message, the single "H" flag I saw was
| the one I was referring to.  A definite article indicates specificity.

If you'd said "that `H' flag" or "the `H' flag there" it would have been
clearly that particular one.  If you had said "an `H' flag" it unmistakably
would have been general.  "The `H' flag" could be taken either way, and
every time I reread the phrase, it still sounds more likely to be general
than specific.

Canadians talk funny.