RE: Whitelist entry for yahoo address letting through yahoo spam..

2004-06-27 06:26:01

-----Original Message-----
From: procmail-bounces(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
[mailto:procmail-bounces(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE]On Behalf Of
Jim Witte
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2004 12:46 AM
[...]

   The rules for $DEFUALT do work for sending it to my normal POP inbox
- I can see that from the logs and what gets downloaded.  But an
example of one message marked as spam by SpamAssiassin that got through
was from the address 'twuspatan(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com' (which I assume got in
because of the 'yahoo.com'  address in the whitelist somehow (I don't
know which rule part of the rule put it through - I've split the list
of conditions (about 20 all OR'd together into 5 different rules with
different log tags).

   After the whitelist rule, I have the following:

:0 H
{
  LOG="Trapped Spam - "
  :0
  spam
}

which stuffs away all the junk SA catches.

Double check the headers on the mail message that got through. Did SA
really score it as spam (ie, is X-Spam-Status: Yes present?). Take
a look at the rest of the X-Spam-Status header line, and see what the
overall score is.  Was AWL (auto-whitelist) asserted? How about BAYES_00?
Both of those attributes have low scores, which make the overall score
fall below the 5.0 trigger.