Re: Whitelist entry for yahoo address letting through yahoo spam..

2004-06-27 00:07:24
On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 01:31:53AM -0500, David W. Tamkin wrote:

|     :0 H

Don't look at me for that one.  When you stated that "the `H' flag is
redundant" without qualification, that's when it got divorced from its
original context.  If you'd said, "the `H' flag is redundant there," that
would have been something else.

Sorry, my eyes must still be broken; I still can't see any other "H"
flags in the original recipe Jim posted.

Since I was responding to Jim's message, the single "H" flag I saw was
the one I was referring to.  A definite article indicates specificity.
Had I wanted to comment on 'H' flags in general, I would have used an
indefinite article.  "The 'H' flag" seemed quite clearly to me to refer
to the only 'H' flag visible, rather than some hitherto untasked 'H'
flag that wasn't already part of the discussion.

--
  Paul Chvostek
<paul(_at_)it(_dot_)ca>