Re: Autoresponder still doesn't work

2004-07-09 00:39:03
On Jul 8, 2004, at 8:49 PM, Michael Bluejay wrote:
On Jul 9, 2004, at 1:36 AM, I wrote:
procmail: Executing " (formail -t -r -A"X-Loop:
austinmusic(_at_)michaelbluejay(_dot_)com";\

To spell it out.
        /bin/false (formail ...
is still gonna die.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by this.

If the target account didn't have shell enabled, the "Specified" shell in /etc/passwd would probably be something like "/etc/false", which would prevent a shell login.

And would also bust any procmail scripts that invoked any external programs.

Oh yeah, one somewhat related issue.
What do you get when you type this at the shell prompt:

        which formail

'Cause ... I think I just figured out the problem.

Two things any advanced procmail file should have in it, very near the beginning:

        1) a line that starts out, 'SHELL='
        2) a line that starts out, 'PATH='

Here's what I have in mine:

        SHELL=/bin/sh
        PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin

In short, I don't think procmail can find formail....

Aloha mai Nai`a!
--
"Please have your Internet License             http://kapu.net/~mjwise/
  and Usenet Registration handy..."