Re: Autoresponder still doesn't work

2004-07-09 15:42:26
Dallman Ross wrote:

Without meaning to patronize the many who know this sort of thing
like they know how to breathe, I'll nevertheless add the tip that
one can test for the path easily.  E.g., in the rc, place

  LOG = "
  PATH is $PATH
  "

or if you have no other reason to fire up procmail and you're at a prompt in sh or an sh-like shell,

procmail LOG='PATH is $PATH"
"' DEFAULT=/dev/null /dev/null < /dev/null

is a quickie way of checking the value of any compiled-in variable without having to create an rcfile.

Oh, and while I'm thinking of it: apologies for sticking an extra L
in Philip's first name.  (My brother spells it with two Ls.)

So do you, Dallman ... and your middle name too. Then there are those two Ss in your surname; Tillie Williams must have torn your shorts off.