Reply to header

2004-08-09 10:40:10
Hello,

It seems that the procmail list manager doesn't include a "Reply-to:" header so that, if one simply *Replies* to a message, it goes to the sender and not the list. Not, what I think, really should happen. Maybe I'm rehashing and old issue, but I did search the archive and didn't see it. Not that it was an exhaustive search :).

So, ironically, I've just written written a procmail recipe for adding the "Reply-to" header to all incomming procmail list messages. This message is actually the first test. If it works, this may be the end of this thread. Unless there's a better idea.

 :0fhw
 * LISTNAME ?? "procmail"
 | formail -i "Reply-to: procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de"

Hopefully this will save me, and others, from getting into altercations with other list members that arise out of not realizing that a simple reply didn't go to the list.

Cheers,

Bill