Re: [OT] Reply to header

2004-08-11 01:26:53
On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:54:25 -0600, Justin Gombos
<mindfuq(_at_)zianet(_dot_)com> wrote:
Regardless of how this debate was in the past, the problem today is
you have 90+% subscribers who are O[E] users and want the list to
conform to their MUA rather than to switch to an MUA that is adequite
for mailing lists.  We're up against large numbers of users running
the same bad tools; and it's the type of users who don't like change -
especially when it requires an effort on their part.

To be fair, there are very few MUA's, and none of the 'big' ones, that
properly support list-reply and mail-followups-to headers.

I would also bet that if Micro$oft got it together and added a reply
to list capability to O[E], this issue would virtually go away.
That's how much I think it has to do with O[E].  People who discuss
this are strongly influenced by their favorite MUAs, and because most
of them are using O[E], O[E] is key to this.

Agree.  I've been after the OS X Mail.app team to add reply to list
for 4 years now.  I feel like I'm waging a one man war.

Just me and a windmill...

--
 ::::==   <http://www.kreme.com>  ==::::
 :: Don't get saucy with me, Bernaise ::