Re: Recipe problem

2004-08-26 06:56:02
Dallman Ross wrote:

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 12:46:07AM -0400, Bob George wrote:

I seem to recall problems matching the ^TO macro as part of a list.

Perhaps you could be more specific that "seem to recall"?

I'm not implying it's a bug or problem, just a usage situation I've gotten myself into. I don't recall the specifics (because I fixed them) but (again, just recall here) there was a situation where I seemed to break the macro expansions by using it in a complex regex. So I've resorted to simply not doing that anymore if not necessary.

This isn't black magic or astrology.  Things either work or they
don't.  If they do, or if they don't, there are good, documentable
reasons.

Agreed.

Chuck's problem was that some of his alternatives in ORed parens
did not expand to "WORD:.*linux-sfx" but merely to "WORD:linux-xfs",
as others have pointed out.

Again, I was only suggesting the scoring rule option as an alternative to developing an ever-expanding single regex to match or conditions. Several individual lines to precisely match specific headers rather than one big one to try to match all variations.

- Bob