Re: Sorting several lists into a common folder -- with a nice pretty name (was Re: Recipe problem)

2004-08-27 15:07:52
One concern I have is about the sheer size of match2folder if I'm
subscribed to dozens of lists, especially many with verbose List-Id:s.

What is the advantage of the method for matching list emails discussed
in this thread, over using reusable filters for each mailing list
manager? I'm subscribed to dozens of mailing lists too, and I group
them in subdirectories (which modern mail gui clients are too stupid to
handle, but that's a different gripe). Because list mails have
distinctive characteristics depending on which list manager software is
used, I made filters for the most common managers and call them eg like:

LISTNAME="abc-xyz"
LISTSERVERDOMAIN="list.domain"
LISTFOLDER=$THISLISTS/$LISTNAME-List
INCLUDERC=$PROCDIR/lm_mailman.rc

If you want multiple lists in the same folder, specify the same
LISTFOLDER. All online for download.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is possibly list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/             Please do not CC list postings to me.