RE: Procmail+spambayes dropping email header

2004-11-09 11:41:50
I use SpamBayes and procmail 3.22 to filter spam.
Occasionally, the complete header is removed from incoming
email. This occurs after the email has passed through the
anti-spam filter. I know this because the only part of the
header that survives is the X-Spambayes header, which is
added by the Spambayes filter. I'm using Python 2.2.2 (#1,
Feb 24 2003, 19:13:11) on a RH Linux 9 server. The email
package is v2.4.3.

Found a solution, but not the underlying cause. After upgrading to the
latest version of Python and Spambayes email headers are no longer being
occasionally stripped from incoming emails.

-Adam