Replacing mail items

2005-06-06 11:10:58
On one system, I have a process that produces small reports and sends them to me via e-mail. Each report renders the previous one obsolete.

Since I have full control over the building of the headers in report being sent, is there any header I can include that could make procmail delete the old message?

Perhaps a header like:

Replaces-Message-Id: yyyy

So, if I keep track of the message id when I send the report, I can include the "Replaces...." header and procmail could remove the old one automatically?

Or, I could add an "Expires: date/time" header... can procmail go through the mail boxes periodically, deleting any messages whose "Expires:" header has passed?

(If there's nothing "standard", I can prefix the headers with X-)

Thank you,
Don Russell