Re: Replacing mail items

2005-06-06 15:33:07
On one system, I have a process that produces small reports and sends
them to me via e-mail. Each report renders the previous one obsolete.

  :0:
  * conditions
  | cat > file

This works only if the assumption that all reports arrive in order is
true. No email system guarantees this, though depending on your
particular situation you may decide to take the risk.

Otherwise I'd add some suitable date format to a header, and use some
shell scripting and mailboxes other than mbox.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is possibly list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/             Please do not CC list postings to me.