Re: new spam filtering rule

2005-06-28 02:00:44
Hi, Sean,

Woops, but I just deleted your message so now I can't quote it.
Oh, well.

Your 2-letter-TLD recipe seems okay.  I have done something very close
to it for over three years now, and it works out very well.  Actually,
I have, rather, a list of preferred 2-letter TLDs that I don't ding.

However, I've just re-written my entire .procmailrc from scratch --
it's taken me 2.5 months so far, and I'm not done, though I'm very
far into it -- and I've gone to a different approach here now where
I simply look for the 2-l-TLDs in the bottom received (after scouring
it for obvious forgeries) and check that against the Message-ID and
From_.

Dallman

P.S.  Regarding the case-switcher I posted two days ago, best to
stick an empty SWITCHRC at the end so it can be re-used serially
with no problems from thatone condition --

   :0
   * $! SWITCHRC ?? ^^$_^^
   { stuff here doesn't get repeated }

   [recursive stuff]