[slightly OT] new spam filtering rule

2005-06-30 00:57:36
* Professional Software Engineering
<PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org> :
[snip]

Apparently, a couple of people failed to note that I identified this as
just a small characteristic, not an all out "this is from somewhere else,
so it must be spam" test.  In my system, this characteristic alone won't
even come close to blocking anything - it's merely a contributing factor.

BTW, note that I received YOUR message just fine:

I thought the same thing :-)

[logs snipped]

Can I just say thankyou for posting those logs.  I learned so much
just reading your log extracts!  Unfortunately now I am going to
spend the whole weekend attempting to add new recipes to my procmail
to approximate some of your rules, but will probably fall short with
my (in)experience.  Still, it does give an insight into your
"spamishness" system you mention regularly, and it will give me
something to do on a rainy weekend in Brisbane.

--
TROY PIGGINS
e : troy(_at_)piggo(_dot_)com