Re: virBL (was Re: new spam filtering rule)

2005-06-30 12:39:15
At 14:16 2005-06-30 -0400, Chris Payne wrote:
Sorry to hijack the thread, but are there any good online resources for
configuring virBL   ??

Er, by definition a BL is a blocklist. Next, Ruud's statement about blocking "at the gate" would indicate this blocking is done before message reception - i.e. blocking mail originating from hosts known to be spewing forth viruses.

I would expect this would be implemented just as with any other DNSBL. See <http://moensted.dk/spam/> for an example list of DNSBLs. In there, you'd find VIRBL:

        <http://virbl.bit.nl/>