Base64 spam follow-up question

2005-09-02 06:59:14
I put this into my procmail recipes:

:0 B

But I am still getting the p*nny st*ck spam I described the other day. Can
anybody spot anything wrong with the recipe?

Also, I wonder how one can identify such base64 encoded messages. I was
looking at Rick Conner's extremely useful write-up on spam at
http://www.rickconner.net/spamweb/analysis01.html yesterday where I
discovered that the base64 indicator is in the *body* of the email rather
than the header--I had been looking at :0 H. But how would you find this
information? First of all, by the time it gets to Eudora, you will have no
such indication. On the other hand, if I use Pine on panix.com's server, I
can only "Show headers". How would I show indicators of special encoding
from within Pine, like base64?