RE: Base64 spam follow-up question

2005-09-02 07:33:55
You'll want to enable a lock file on delivery, or your base64
mailbox may become corrupted.

This will do (note the colon following the B).

:0 B:

Although it is a matter of some debate here as to whether all
mail delivery processing should be done in procmail or not, I
personally view spam detection as a computationally intensive
task, and invoke spamassassin to do the filtering.  SA knows
how to decode base64 and much much more.

Here's a FAQ on using SA with procmail. (you'll of course
need to have SA and its perl module dependencies already installed)

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/UsedViaProcmail

Like most panix users, I have spamassassin enabled and with a low threshold
in fact. I only put my own recipes into procmail for stuff that spamassassin
doesn't catch. That is why I am so troubled by this crap that I have been
receiving. Panix, which is one of the most tech-savvy ISP's around, doesn't
have a clue. And I see that other Panix users have been complaining,
according to their newsgroup panix.questions. I will add the colon as you
recommend...