RE: Spam filter anomaly

2005-09-02 09:52:03

-----Original Message-----
From: Louis Proyect
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 9:02 AM
[...]
Yes, I just stumbled across a place holder for extensions to spamassassin in
my panix mail subdirectory. Is it preferable to put my own recipes here than
in rc.spam in my procmail subdirectory?

Since Spamassassin and procmail are two different things, I'd keep
the SA rulesets separate from procmail scripts that call SA.  If you
put all the scoring into the SA rules, then your procmail invocation
will remain simple.

By default, SA looks here for user-written rules and config. vars:
$HOME/.spamassassin/user_prefs. With a little more work, you can
point SA at a directory of user-written rules.