Re: Base64spam eliminated!

2005-09-23 06:04:11
On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Dallman Ross wrote:
While I have nothing at all against Bayesian, and think it's
cool in general, I believe it does need a fair amount of room
for the sampling files.  But anyway,  all I really want to say
here is, it is not difficult to find base64 stuff with procmail.
I do it in my own .procmailrc, and it's not at all one of my
more complex or nuanced recipe sets.  What I have coded in
has a whole bunch of private dependencies (private vars), however,
so I can't all that easily just copy and paste it in here for
your consumption.  If I have time at some point and nobody else
does it first, maybe I'll get around to posting a sample solution.

Dallman, the thing I could never understand is why a simple filter on the
presence of "Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64" failed to work. I would
love to see how to identify base64 without looking for this. Or maybe my
filter was not set up right? That is a distinct possibility.