Re: Base64spam eliminated!

2005-09-23 13:04:30
On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, 15:43 GMT-04 Louis N Proyect wrote:

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Dallman Ross wrote:

That's mainly because many base64-encoded messages don't have that
string in the main header.  They have it only in a relevant message
mime-subpart.  See my companion post from just a moment ago.

I *know* that they occur in the body. I tested for them there as well. One
of the things that frustrated me, btw, in this whole exercise was my
inability to actually create mail using base64 encoding so that I could
test this adequately. I had to rely on them coming intermittently. For
some odd reason, I haven't gotten any in the past 3 days. They must have
heard that I figured out how to filter them!

Strange that you are not able to send you a mail containing a base64
encoded attachment. Tons of them used to be sent to me. Today, almost
each and every binary attachment will be sent using the base64
encoding. If you really need such a mail for testing purposes, you can
obtain one in mbox format from my SoftlabsAV package at
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/softlabsav/SoftlabsAV-0.8.5.tar.bz2?download
(within the 'testcases' directory).

--rob.