Re: Base64spam eliminated!

2005-09-23 15:20:08
On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Robert Allerstorfer wrote:
Strange that you are not able to send you a mail containing a base64
encoded attachment. Tons of them used to be sent to me. Today, almost
each and every binary attachment will be sent using the base64
encoding. If you really need such a mail for testing purposes, you can
obtain one in mbox format from my SoftlabsAV package at
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/softlabsav/SoftlabsAV-0.8.5.tar.bz2?download
(within the 'testcases' directory).

Well, I did use Pine which *does* automatically use base64 encoding for
attachments, but I am not interested in an attachment as such. I wanted
the base64 code to be incorporated in the *body* of the message and not as
an attachment. It is entirely possible that I did something wrong but I
didn't have the patience to figure it out at the time. In any case, it is
only of academic interest right now since I have killed the spam for good.
I might give it another shot out of curiosity.