Re: Ways to add new features

2005-11-14 15:03:01
* having formail as a separate program seems rather silly

Perhaps, but it certainly makes some things rather good, and the
logic of it makes sense to me.  I don't see how it hurts anything, at
least.

Having to call an external program for doing basic string operations on
header lines (-a -A -i -I etc) which are already in procmail's memory
seems daft, and is a *very* long way away from the efficiency which was
used as argument against putting new features into procmail. I wasn't
talking about formail -s, that you can perhaps make some case about.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is possibly list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/             Please do not CC list postings to me.